Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Baby Back Ribs
Yield: 4 to 8 servings
Sweet Baby Ray's, in my opinion, is the very bast bottled barbecue sauce out there. Any time I have used it, the final product has been absolutely delicious.
- 22½ inch Weber grill
- Grease pan
- 1 (10 pound) bag charcoal
- 8 ounces apple, cherry or hickory chips soaked in water
- Rib rack
- 4 slabs baby back ribs
- 16 ounces Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce
- Fresh ground pepper
- Onion salt
- Basting brush
- Put 52 coals in center of grill and burn for 30 minutes. Then put 26 coals on each side and put grease pan in middle of grill basin.
- Season both sides of skinned ribs generously with salt, pepper and onion salt. Stand ribs on rib rack in center of grill and cook for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, rotate ribs, inside to outside, and from top to bottom.
- Add soaked wood chips and six charcoal briquettes to each side of coals. After 30 minutes, rotate ribs again. Check ribs every 15 minutes and rotate when necessary. Ribs are cooked
- when you can penetrate them easily with a fork (about 2 hours).
- When ribs are tender, remove them from rack and place the ribs upside down in center of grill.
- Generously brush Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce on ribs and place ribs side by side, 2 high, in center of grill. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn ribs over, apply sauce to top of ribs and cook another 10 minutes.
Photo credit: Can Stock Photo / nadine