These are the creamiest pralines you will ever eat. Simply fabulous!
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup light cream or half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cups pecan halves
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a 3-quart saucepan, mix together sugar and baking soda.
- Add cream and place over medium-high heat. Cook, whisking occasionally, until golden brown and mixture reaches 235 degrees F on a candy thermometer, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add butter and pecans and mix together until butter has melted and mixture is well combined, about 1 minute.
- Using a tablespoon, drop mixture onto prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Let cool completely.