Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Yield: 6 servings
Either fresh cooked chicken breasts or deli chicken will work in this recipe.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chiles
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ to 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Monterey Jack or Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas, warmed
- In a small skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, green chiles and onion mixture.
- In a small saucepan, combine flour and coriander. Add broth; stir until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and ½ cup cheese. Stir ¾ cup sauce into chicken mixture.
- Place ⅓ cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Pour remaining sauce over top; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Photo credit: (c) Can Stock Photo / MSPhotographics