Apple Pie Bread Pudding
Nothing says "comfort food" like bread pudding. This is a delightful recipe that tastes just like apple pie.
- 6 slices bread
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Vanilla ice cream
- Caramel sauce
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.
- Slice the bread into ½-inch cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon, stirring until smooth.
- Add the bread and stir until the bread cubes have evenly absorbed the milk mixture.
- Spread the bread evenly in a 9-inch round or square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, brown sugar and cornstarch, mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the apples evenly on top of the bread.
- Bake for 40 minutes until edges are brown.
- Cool, slice, then serve with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.